Sunday, April 19, 2009

This is would be my first blog all year! So sorry it has taken me so long! Adrian and I just tried this recipe and it is now one of our favs! What I love about this one is that you can have it hot for dinner and the next day eat it cold! It tastes fabulous either way. Also I love it because you really can add any veggies you want, just whatever is in season, my favorites are asparagus, carrots and broccoli.
YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS YUM-O

Peanut Noodles with shredded chicken and veggies

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cu. smooth natural peanut butter
2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. chile-garlic sauce ( I just used cayenne pepper)
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger ( I used the dry stuff!)
8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti (Penne is my fav)
1 12oz bag vegetable medley (any fresh or frozen ones ya want)

Put a large pot of water on to boil for pasta.
Meanwhile, place chicken in skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink, 10-12 min. Transfer chicken to cutting board, when cooled shred into bite size pieces.

Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce, and ginger in large bowl.

Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 min less than the package directions. Add veggies and cook with pasta until just tender, about 1 min. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse pasta and veggies, stir the reserved cooking liquid in with peanut butter mixture. Add pasta, veggies and chicken, toss to coat.

This is way good to serve with fresh pineapple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment